Balancing family life and work can be very challenging for parents. Creating family-friendly policies is not only benefits your staff but is also good for business.
Parents also have specific rights under UK law.
UK employment Law – parental rights
This infographic outlines some key rights for parents to be aware of. These include:
- Maternity and adoption leave
- Paternity leave
- Parental leave to look after children
- Shared parental leave
- Time off to care for dependants
Changes to statutory pay rates from 1 April 2018
The government has announced the following increases to statutory pay rates from April 2018:
- Statutory maternity pay will increase to £145.18
- Statutory paternity pay will increase to £145.18
- Statutory shared parental leave will increase to £145.18
- Statutory adoption pay will increase to £145.18
Employment law – things to watch out for
Employment law changes regularly. To keep you up to date, we’ve also highlighted upcoming changes to be aware of.